Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/06/18 17:20:59 UTC

Implicit AntTask and EmptyTask

Hi Lenya developers,

each TaskManager (and therefore each publication)
contains now an implicit

- AntTask   (task-id = TaskManager.ANT_TASK   = "ant")
- EmptyTask (task-id = TaskManager.EMPTY_TASK = "empty")

This makes it possible to bypass the tasks.xml file
and use AntTasks directly by specifying the target
parameter. I would suggest that we use the target
parameter everywhere we invoke AntTasks. This makes
the "duplicate" definition in tasks.xml unnecessary.

At the moment, the EmptyTask is only used to invoke
workflow transitions without actually doing anything
(e.g., to approve or reject documents).

Andreas