Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bryan rasmussen <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/18 15:09:42 UTC

command=full-import not working, indexes 11 documents

Hi,

I am using a DataImportHandler to get files from the file system, if I
do the url
http://localhost:8983/solr/tester/dataimport?command=full-import it
ends up indexing 11 documents.
If I do
http://localhost:8983/solr/tester/dataimport?command=full-import&rows=817
(the number of documents I have) they all get indexed.

Any explanation for something I might have overlooked in configuration
that would be having this effect?

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen

Re: command=full-import not working, indexes 11 documents

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
The first question I'd have is whether you're somehow not committing after your
full-import command.

And have you looked at:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#interactive?
This is a little-known feature in Solr to help with DIH.

Is it possible that your JDBC configuration is defaulting somehow to
just a few rows
for the select? This is a wild shot in the dark...

If none of that is relevant we need to see your configs.

Best
Erick