Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mark Watts <m....@eris.qinetiq.com> on 2009/11/16 11:33:43 UTC

balancer-manager and server-status feature request.

The statistics one gets from both /balancer-manager and mod_status are
useful but of course only exist until httpd is restarted.

It would be nice if they could be configured to periodically write some
lines to the error log (at LogLevel info or so) with these statistics so
the data can be preserved.
This would make it easy to parse by log monitoring tools and also allow
for analysis if desired.

XML output of both would be the icing on the cake :)

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower

Re: balancer-manager and server-status feature request.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Nov 16, 2009, at 5:52 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Regarding xml data, it is my long standing wish to create
> log output filter sub module system where the log lines would
> go trough a VFS filter capable of writing to xml, database, etc
> (depending on the VFS implementation).

*grin*

I'd been mulling over the same idea... a data-set filter that
can take data and output it as XML, HTML, etc...

Re: balancer-manager and server-status feature request.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 16/11/09 11:33, Mark Watts wrote:

> The statistics one gets from both /balancer-manager and mod_status are
> useful but of course only exist until httpd is restarted.
>
> It would be nice if they could be configured to periodically write some
> lines to the error log (at LogLevel info or so) with these statistics so
> the data can be preserved.

This could be done using watchdog module that would fire some
balancer log module.
Regarding xml data, it is my long standing wish to create
log output filter sub module system where the log lines would
go trough a VFS filter capable of writing to xml, database, etc
(depending on the VFS implementation).

If you came up with such a module I'd be happy to review it :)

Regards
--
^TM