Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mscoon <ms...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/12 13:35:00 UTC

Initializer problem - resources not being loaded

Hi all,

We have a web application which is using an internal library called
wicket-sol. The library is installed in our local maven repository.

wicket-sol contains a property file "wicket.properties" which has a single
entry:

initializer=gr.sol.wicket.Initializer

The gr.sol.wicket.Initializer class implements IInitializer.
Right beside it we have two property files, Initializer.utf8.properties and
Initializer_el.utf8.properties.

We have the following problem: in one development machine, the initializer
is never loaded. In other development machines it is loaded. Furthermore,
if the problematic dev machine produces a war (via maven), and the war is
deployed to our test server, the initializer is again never loaded. Wars
built from other machines work fine.

The wicket initializers (e.g. wicket extensions initializer) are normally
loaded.

We have traced the behavior down
to org.apache.wicket.application.AbstractClassResolver#getResources() which
uses a class loader to get the "wicket.properties" resources. In the
problematic machine the resource file in wicket-sol.jar is not returned.

We are using wicket 6.18.0.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance,
Marios

Re: Initializer problem - resources not being loaded

Posted by mscoon <ms...@gmail.com>.
You are actually right Sven. It is a broken pom.xml that causes the
wicket.properties file to not be included in the jar file. And a broken
build process that hides the problem in pom.xml in most dev machines.

Apologies for bothering the list with an irrelevant issue...

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,