Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fairy Eneried <en...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/09 10:02:03 UTC

how to run apache tomcat from a flash memory?

Hello guys!

I have a question.
I instaled a jre in a flash memory, and a Tomcat server too. But I don't
know how to start it directly, not like a Windows service. The Tomcat
installed is a Tomcat 5.5. It only runs like a service, but I need that
Tomcat to make some presentations of our web application. I need a portable
useful standalone system, because, sometimes I get for showing this
application a computer with a restricted user (not administrator) and then I
can't start or modify the service, so all our work is useless. Remember, not
all the people understand computer features, and our possible customers
think it's our fault.

Thanks for any help.

Bye!

Re: how to run apache tomcat from a flash memory?

Posted by Petr Hadraba <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Run cmd, "cd" to the bin directory of the Tomcat directory structure
and type the following command:

java -jar bootstrap.jar

When you want to stop Tomcat, simply press Ctrl+C...

Or download installer-less binary distribution of the Tomcat and use
provided .cmd files in the same directory...

Have a nice day

PETR