Posted to women@apache.org by Danese Cooper <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/08 05:28:21 UTC

Hey Fitz!

All,

Just approved adding Brian Fitzpatrick to this list at his request.
Fitz has been *very* vocally supportive of the idea of a women@apache
list.  He can tell you more.

Danese

Re: Hey Fitz!

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Danese Cooper wrote:
> All,
>
> Just approved adding Brian Fitzpatrick to this list at his request.
> Fitz has been *very* vocally supportive of the idea of a women@apache
> list.  He can tell you more.

excellent! +100

  -jean

Re: Hey Fitz!

Posted by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.
On Aug 7, 2005, at 10:28 PM, Danese Cooper wrote:

> All,
>
> Just approved adding Brian Fitzpatrick to this list at his
> request.  Fitz has been *very* vocally supportive of the idea of a
> women@apache list.  He can tell you more.

Hi all.  Sorry for the delayed response... I just got home from OSCON
yesterday. :)

I'm very interested in exploring what we can do to attract more women
to the ASF (and OSS development in general).  While I don't have
concrete numbers on the %age of women committers here, I can name all
of the female ASF members on one hand, and I think that women are
vastly underrepresented at the ASF.  I think that exploring what we
can do to attract more women to the ASF will not only improve our
community, but teach us a lot about aspects of our community that
attract and repel various people in general.

Odds are that I'll mostly lurk here and listen, but don't hesitate to
holler if you need anything outside of the list.

Thanks for the welcoming "hey" :)

-Fitz