Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Black <be...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2011/06/29 18:21:02 UTC

Using Apache Commons Daemon with ActiveMQ (Windows)

Hi

does anyone have a way of using Apache Commons Daemon with ActiveMQ.

I have followed the tutorial here:

http://blog.bigrocksoftware.com/2010/10/07/commons-daemon-procrun-as-a-java-service-wrapper-for-activemq/

However, there is still an error:

Error 109: The pipe has been ended

when shutting down the service.

There is now a class org.apache.activemq.console.ActiveMQLauncher that
implements Commons Daemon.

However, I am not sure how to get this to run when configuring the service
on the server.

Help appreciated thanks,

James

RE: Using Apache Commons Daemon with ActiveMQ (Windows)

Posted by Allen Reese <ar...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I wrote the org.apache.activemq.console.ActiveMQLauncher code as we use jsvc on linux here.

I think what you want is --StartClass org.apache.activemq.console.ActiveMQLauncher, and procrun should be able to figure out that the class implements the Daemon interface.

Procrun looks like it might do things differently then I'd expect though.

--Allen