Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Christoph Schmitz <Ch...@1und1.de> on 2011/05/10 13:04:17 UTC

Accessing jobs on the JobTracker

Hi,

for reporting and monitoring purposes, I would like to access - from Java code - the job configuration of Jobs that someone else has submitted to a JobTracker (in 0.20.169).

Basically, this would mean doing a lot of what "hadoop job -status <jobid>" does (to get to the location of the job.xml file), so I have been digging around in JobClient and friends. Unfortunately, a lot of the stuff there is non-public (JobSubmissionProtocol, NetworkedJob, etc.) and definitely not made for consumption outside of JobClient.

So is there a way to get to a job config in Java (short of forking "hadoop job -status", obviously)?

Thanks and best regards,

Christoph