Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by deva namaste <oh...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/30 22:51:16 UTC

Manager employee hierarchy in Kylin

Hello

I am plannning to implement Manager -  Employee Hierarchy in Dimension
table and join with the fact table similarly its been explain in following
link

http://brazenly.blogspot.com/2015/02/datawarehouse-dimensional-modeling.html

So far, I am unable to achieve.

How do I achieve? If no straight forward solution, any workaround which I
can implement?

(One employee can be under one manager for one task and also can be under
another manager for different task, so above link hierarchy will work. but
unfortunately I am getting duplicate records in dimension table when I try
to achieve because Kylin looking for single record primary key key in
dimension. How can I achieve?)

Please advice.
Thanks

Re: Manager employee hierarchy in Kylin

Posted by deva namaste <oh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manoj,

This is not the case I have.  If you can see my explanataion in details and
screenshots-

1. Each employee have its own hierarchy  and
2. That employee can have more than one manager

Still looking for right workaround..
Thanks
Deva

http://brazenly.blogspot.com/2015/02/datawarehouse-dimensional-modeling.html<https://secureweb.jpmchase.net/readonly/http:/brazenly.blogspot.com/2015/02/datawarehouse-dimensional-modeling.html>

This message is confidential and subject to terms at: http://www.jpmorgan.com/emaildisclaimer<http://www.jpmorgan.com/emaildisclaimer> including on confidentiality, legal privilege, viruses and monitoring of electronic messages. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Posted by deva namaste <oh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shao,

I am using following concept for OLAP so I can get all the child
(descendants) and their levels by querying parent employee. So that I can
have sum(sales revenue) for each employee and I can aggregate them upto
their manager.
e.g. manager can have 5 employees, so he can see total sum for entire group
and also drill down to see sum for each employee.

My problem is one child_employee_key can be belongs to one or many
parent_employee_key, so I would have duplicate child_employee_key records.
Also for maintaining level details it would need duplicate entries, but in
kylin any dimension it requires unique entry which I am facing challenge
and trying to figure out how can I create work around for this.

Appreciate your help.

<http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NQKnhb2Luxk/VNs-gPZIpqI/AAAAAAAAE_I/j10g7TsJ0Jw/s1600/4.png>

The following are the paths:

1.       Employee 1 to Employee 1 (Zero-length pathway to itself)
2.      Employee 1 to Employee 2
3.      Employee 1 to Employee 3
4.      Employee 1 to Employee 4
5.      Employee 1 to Employee 5
6.      Employee 1 to Employee 6
7.      Employee 1 to Employee 7
8.     Employee 2 to Employee 2 (Zero-length pathway to itself)
9.      Employee 2 to Employee 4
10.  Employee 2 to Employee 5
11.   Employee 2 to Employee 7
12.  Employee 3 to Employee 3 (Zero-length pathway to itself)
13.  Employee 3 to Employee 6
14.  Employee 4 to Employee 4 (Zero-length pathway to itself)
15.   Employee 5 to Employee 5 (Zero-length pathway to itself)
16.  Employee 5 to Employee 7
17.   Employee 6 to Employee 6 (Zero-length pathway to itself)
18.  Employee 7to Employee 7 (Zero-length pathway to itself)

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FXIp9ezkC0k/VNs-i3I3J8I/AAAAAAAAE_w/ItAR6HPbC9o/s1600/x.png>
<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yyFVpzOcNZY/VNs-jrLkt7I/AAAAAAAAE_8/jr3lEo38G0I/s1600/y.png>

*I was planning to generate following SQL to generate the report for
descending the hierarchy*

*Select E.Full_Name, SUM(F.Sales_Revenue)*
*From*
*Employee E, Bridge_Traverse_Hierarchy B, Sales_Fact F, Date D*
*where*
*E.EmployeeKey= B.Parent_Employee_Key*
*and*
*B.Child_Employee_Key= F.EmployeeKey*
*and*
*F.DateID= D.DateID*
*and*
*E.[FULL NAME]= ‘Employee 2’*
*// and D.Date= January 2005 Data (Date SQL Code logic depends on Database)*
*GROUP BY E.Full_Name*

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Deva,

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋

Re: Manager employee hierarchy in Kylin

Posted by deva namaste <oh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Manoj and ShaoFeng,

I already tried creating view and using within cube, but my challenges were
-

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Kumar, Manoj H" <ma...@jpmorgan.com>.

Posted by deva namaste <oh...@gmail.com>.