Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp...@sbc.com> on 2003/11/18 20:08:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Directory not closed error :--Pl. help:

<Directory "/opt/hpws/apache/htdocs">
All -
Few days I had posted the same to pull up error log form remote server .
When I configured for local error file client did not agree. Since this is
form one of the security server form where directions are fetched.

Now my issue is when I edit httpd.conf with the following lines it says
directory not closed?????

Please direct me.

 AuthType Basic
   AuthName "RoboTask Password Required"
   AuthUserFile /opt/hpws/apache/passwd/passwords
   AuthGroupFile /opt/hpws/apache/conf/groups
   require group 272users
   ErrorDocument 401 "<html> \
        <head> \
        <title>Error logging in</title> \
        <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"> \
                window.location="http://xxxxxxx.xxx.com:82/error.html"; \
        </script> \
        </head> \
        <h1> Sorry, no go!!!! \
        </h1> \
</Directory>

Thanks
Balanand Pinni

Re: [users@httpd] Directory not closed error :--Pl. help:

Posted by Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>.
"PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" wrote:

> Now my issue is when I edit httpd.conf with the following lines it says
> directory not closed?????
> </Directory>

Try getting rid of the last '\' after '</html>"'.  The backslash as last
character on the line means to continue the logical line with the next
line, i.e. ignore the next line break.  Hence your closing Directory tag
is being parsed as being at the end of this ErrorDocument directive.

Brian