Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Cédric Damioli <ce...@anyware-tech.com> on 2007/01/10 17:04:59 UTC

Strange behaviour with multi-Session

Hi all,

I'm experimenting a strange (looks random) behaviour on a production
server (jackrabbit-1.0) : I start an "admin" Session at my webapp
startup time.
This admin Session does not write anything (never any pending changes).
Many times later (say a few hours or days), I start another Session, add
a Node, save changes and logout.
Then I tried to access this new Node with the admin Session and it fails
with an ItemNotFoundException.
If I try with any new Session, it reads the Node correctly.

So I wondered if I had to make a adminSession.refresh(true) before all.
But the implementation of SessionImpl.refresh(true) simply does nothing.

If I try to set up a quick test to reproduce the case, it always works fine.

Has anybody experimented such behaviour ? Any idea ?

Cédric Damioli
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES
Tel : +33 (0)5 61 00 73 47
Fax : +33 (0)5 61 00 51 46