Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/04/14 15:38:52 UTC

Maven XDoclet plugin help needed

Hi,

I've downloaded the plugin and extracted it to ~/.maven/plugins, which
looks as if it was not all that needs to be done to install a Maven
plugin - or is it?

We have

> ls -l ~/.maven/plugins
drwxrwsr-x  5 gump staff  4096 Aug 12  2004 maven-xdoc-plugin-1.6
drwxrwsr-x  5 gump staff  4096 Jun 10  2004 maven-xdoc-plugin-1.7.1
drwxrwsr-x  3 gump staff  4096 Apr  6 08:09 maven-xdoclet-plugin-1.2.1
-rw-rw-r--  1 gump staff  2668 Oct  6  2004 plugin-dynatag-deps.cache

but the struts-taglib build still fails with

The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

maven-xdoclet-plugin-1.2.jar (try downloading from http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/)

Is it a version mismatch (I didn't find any other plugin version when
I searched from the xdoclet site)?  Does installing a plugin mean
something other than what I've done?

Any help appreciated.

Stefan

Re: Maven XDoclet plugin help needed

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like it is declared as a dependency though - it should be
> in the local repository instead, or made a gump package, or built
> from sources.

Since I couldn't figure out where it lives and how to build it within
three minutes (and don't have more time at hand right now), I've taken
the installed package route.

I thought Maven would ignore jar overrides for plugins.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
It looks like it is declared as a dependency though - it should be in
the local repository instead, or made a gump package, or built from
sources. Check out the javaapp plugin for an example.

- Brett

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> wrote:

> User-specific plugins go in ~/.maven/plugins. Site wide go in
> $MAVEN_HOME/plugins.

Which means I copy the jar into ~/.maven/plugins, right?  OK, will do
so, but I think I've tried that before.

Brett advised me to use the user-specific area since all stuff runs as
user gump anyway - and this way Maven updates on Brutus are less
painful to do.

Thanks

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.