Posted to community@apache.org by Chris Hill <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/09 23:48:28 UTC

Disabling client initiated renegotiation

Hi all,

My company relies on Apache for a number of customer facing sites. What's a
reliable way to disable client initiated renegotiation (both secure and
insecure renegotiation)?. I know one specific openssl library (l) disables
this, but then later ones enable "secure" renegotiation, which we need to
disable.

Ideally, I'd like a solution through an configuration parameter so that
future versions/upgrades do not re-enable renegotiation.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Chris.

Re: Disabling client initiated renegotiation

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 April 2011 22:48, Chris Hill <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My company relies on Apache for a number of customer facing sites. What's a
> reliable way to disable client initiated renegotiation (both secure and
> insecure renegotiation)?. I know one specific openssl library (l) disables
> this, but then later ones enable "secure" renegotiation, which we need to
> disable.
>
> Ideally, I'd like a solution through an configuration parameter so that
> future versions/upgrades do not re-enable renegotiation.

If you are referring to Apache httpd, that sounds like a question for
the httpd user mailing list [A].

Or if you are using Apache Tomcat, its user list [T] is the place to
ask such questions.

[A] http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html

[T] http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html