Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kairam, Raj" <Ka...@coned.com> on 2002/03/28 21:23:04 UTC

Unable to install tomact distribution on HP - Please help

I downloaded the 'jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3.tar.gz'  from
'jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.3/bin/'  website.
On a unix box running HP-UX 11, as root, I uncompressed it in /tmp
directory.
To install it, I ran
root@<host>:/opt> tar -xvf  /tmp/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3.tar .

After a while the prompt comes back.
However, no directories are created in /opt to indicate the stuff from the
.tar file are extracted.
When I look at the contents of the tar file, I see all the files have the
permissions set as follows.
rw-r--r--   0/0

What am I missing for the tar file contents to be not extracted ?
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Raj