Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "rosy.salame@murex.com" <ro...@murex.com> on 2015/10/07 15:55:12 UTC

data of "Enqueued" and "Dequeued" messages are lost after restart of ActiveMQ

Hello,

I've lost statistics about "Enqueued" and "Dequeued" messages for all my
queues after a restart of my ActiveMQ where they become all ZEROS as
attached picture shows:
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4702713/activemq.jpg>

Is there a way/configuration to keep those values even if a restart of
ActiveMQ is done? Actually, I need them for statistics. The good thing is
that pending messages are kept after restart, but, is there a way to
preserve data of "Enqueued" and "Dequeued" as well?

Thanks,
Rosy

Re: data of "Enqueued" and "Dequeued" messages are lost after restart of ActiveMQ

Posted by "rosy.salame@murex.com" <ro...@murex.com>.
Thanks a lot Tim! I will create an enhancement issue for that!
Many thanks,

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Pending counts are preserved because you have persistent messages and a
persistence store and there are messages in it when the broker started, not
because the broker actually saved the count.  As Chris said, there's
currently no means to preserve that information across a restart, though
you could submit an enhancement request in JIRA.  (And if you want the best
odds of it getting implemented, implement the changes yourself and submit a
patch or a pull request!)

Tim

Posted by "rosy.salame@murex.com" <ro...@murex.com>.
Thanks a lot Christopher!!
I already checked that in ActiveMQ DB and I did'nt find them, but, I wanted
to double check that!
Many thanks for your answer!

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.