Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by CASTELLE Thomas <tc...@generali.fr> on 2005/05/21 15:03:51 UTC

Mod_Rewrite Performance

Hello,

We are using Apache as a Reverse-Proxy for our websites, and we implemented
mod_rewrite on it so that we can do some "whitelisting" of our websites'
URIs.

Our question is, what will give us the best performance :
- Many "RewriteRule" options with simple and short regular expressions,
- or Few "RewriteRule" with long and complex regular expressions ?

For instance, is it better to have :

RewriteRule ^(/a/)(b|c|d|e|f|g|h|i|j|k|l)$ ...

Or

Rewrite ^(/a/b)$ ...
Rewrite ^(/a/c)$ ...
Rewrite ^(/a/d)$ ...
Rewrite ^(/a/e)$ ...
Rewrite ^(/a/f)$ ...
Rewrite ^(/a/g)$ ...
Rewrite ^(/a/h)$ ...
Rewrite ^(/a/i)$ ...
Rewrite ^(/a/j)$ ...
Rewrite ^(/a/k)$ ...
Rewrite ^(/a/l)$ ...

Thanks for your answer,

Thomas.

Re: Mod_Rewrite Performance

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* CASTELLE Thomas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are using Apache as a Reverse-Proxy for our websites, and we
> implemented mod_rewrite on it so that we can do some "whitelisting" of
> our websites' URIs.
>
> Our question is, what will give us the best performance :
> - Many "RewriteRule" options with simple and short regular expressions,
> - or Few "RewriteRule" with long and complex regular expressions ?

- A RewriteMap

But this is the wrong list. Please try users@httpd.apache.org.

nd
--
>I have tried using ErrorDocument 401, but doesn't work.
Oh dear.  What does it do - lounge around on the couch all day drinking
beer and watching TV?            -- "Kash" und Alan J. Flavell in ciwsu