Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2005/03/14 01:25:26 UTC

Process for database changes?

I started to look at applying my fix for DERBY-89 but I have a couple of
concerns about changes to the data dictionary.

At one level we can keep this simple and store the full signature in the
dictionary; this will keep the schema the same but will mean that values
from the latest release may be incompatible with older versions. Given
that problem exists I am tempted to take this further and actually add
the parameter mappings to the dictionary to avoid having to reparse the
signature every time.

Anyway, both of these hit the problem Dan orginally raised about not
having a process defined for changes to the physical database. I would
like to open this thread to resolve that.

--
Jeremy