Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Antonakos <ja...@mni.gr> on 2004/06/03 15:40:00 UTC

Re: How can i avoid the use of & in a drop down box ?

I am re-writing the question cause the stupid Outlook formatted my text
and made it without any meaning to it.
We have some drop down boxes in our jsp's which take
data straight from the DB. Some of those data contain
the character &. (eg John & me).
We use a javascript array to store these data for internal
use in the page. The struts format those data.
When we use these data in a drop down (html select) appears
as (John &amp me) which obviously does not look good.

Is there a way to avoid this from happening ?
Can we say to the struts NOT to format the data coming from
the java objects ?
i mean NOT to turn & to &amp, cause when it does it the drop down
says: "John &amp me", which looks ridiculous, doesnt it ?

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
How about posting your jsp source to show how you are doing your options.

Niall

Posted by Daniel Perry <d....@netcase.co.uk>.

Daniel.

Posted by Rouven Gehm <r....@teckpro.de>.