Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/14 05:06:48 UTC

Continuum and "Build Profiles"

I'm having trouble communicating about profiles in Continuum.

The problem is that Maven already has something called "Build
Profiles".  See:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

And now Continuum has a page titled "Build Profiles" that is not at
all the same thing:
http://example.com/continuum/admin/profilesList!list.action

We need to call ours something else.  So far I've been calling them
"Continuum Profiles" instead.

Other suggestions?  Any objection to changing the heading on that page?

Wendy

Re: Continuum and "Build Profiles"

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
ok

Emmanuel

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 14, 2007 5:41 AM, Tomislav Stojcevich <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree it is confusing.  Renaming to Build Profile would help, but
> how about Build Environment instead?

I think "Build Environment" is better, thanks.

The word "Profile" just sends anyone who already knows Maven down a
particular path, and it's hard to get them back and explain "No,
that's not it at all, in Continuum it's something entirely different."

Posted by Tomislav Stojcevich <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by olivier lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
No objection from me.