Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shahed Ali <sh...@enoor.com> on 2000/12/13 14:19:53 UTC

Shutting down single context in TC

Hi,
I am running Tomcat 3.2 / mod_jk / Apache with multiple <connector> processes listning on different ports.

I have worker threads corrosponding to these connectors using the ajp13 protocol, and
each <connector> services a paticuliar Context  / <Host> corrosponding to an Apache Virtual Host.

My question is : Can I restart a paticuliar context without shuting down Tomcat completely.

Alternatively I could have multiple JVM's run multiple instances of TC and map each
context to be serviced by a seprate instance. Then I can shut down one JVM and
that would not affect the other.

But I would prefer not to have multiple JVM process running.

Thanks
Shahed.