Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jigar Joshi <ji...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/19 23:51:06 UTC

dependency classifier based on profile

I have a project that has multiple dependencies for example a.*:*:* and
b.*:*:*

now in one build profile I am using assembly plugin to assemble a fat jar
for that profile I want to include all the dependencies with a.*:*:* with
classifier = foo and rest of them should be without classifier

one option is create a property in profile that holds the value of
classifier and change all the dependency tags (that is too much of dirty
work I have around 250 poms)

I tried configuring maven dependency plugin for that profile to add the
classifier=foo while resolving dependencies but it attempts to do it for
all the dependencies which is fail because b.*:*:* doesn't have that
classifier

Is there a way in maven dependency:resolve or maven:assembly plugin I can
optionally choose the dependency pattern and apply classifier to them

Thanks!
Jigar