Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> on 2010/07/14 23:54:23 UTC

timestamps and batch_mutation

Is it OK or recommended to use the same timestamp value for all Column and Deletion records sent in a batch mutation?

Am thinking of cases where there is a potential for multiple clients to update the same key (with multiple columns) at the same time. In the use case it's acceptable, as the client software is responsible for coordination. I just want to ensure there is consistency with regard to one update winning.

Thanks
Aaron

Re: timestamps and batch_mutation

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
It is good style but may not be necessary.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra