Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Kevin Theisen <ke...@tfam.us> on 2008/11/27 20:29:39 UTC

Does anyone have any recommendations for disabling Batik's message panes?

I'm using Batik in an application, and I have looked extensively
through the package, but I do not see any functions for disabling the
message panes that Batik pops up when there is an error. I do not want
users to see these messages. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Does anyone have any recommendations for disabling Batik's message panes?

Posted by massimo citterio <ci...@sinapto.net>.
On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 11:29 -0800, Kevin Theisen wrote:
> I'm using Batik in an application, and I have looked extensively
> through the package, but I do not see any functions for disabling the
> message panes that Batik pops up when there is an error. I do not want
> users to see these messages. Any suggestions would be great.

see
http://mcc.id.au/2007/09/batik-course/
topic "user agent"

basically, you have to set an user agent

// A user agent object
SVGUserAgent ua = new SVGUserAgentAdapter() {
    public void showAlert(String message) {
        t.append(message + "\n");
    }

  @Override
    public void displayError(String message) {
    }

    @Override
    public void displayError(Exception ex) {
    }
};

JSVGCanvas c = new JSVGCanvas(ua, true, false);
String uri = new File("circles.svg").toURI().toString();
c.setURI(uri);