Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sven2 <ra...@freudenkinder.de> on 2006/05/10 11:44:40 UTC

external JNDI Service Provider

Hello all,

I want to use an external JNDI Provider because ActiveMQ isn't able to bind
new Objects to the JNDI.
I decided to use the rmiregistry. But now, I have to bind the
ActiveMQ-Objects and I don't know how to do this.
Has anybody experience with this?

thanks
Sven

Re: external JNDI Service Provider

Posted by Sven2 <ra...@freudenkinder.de>.
Hi,

I tried to derive from ActiveMQInitialContextFactory and from
ReadOnlyContext and it works, but only locally.
The jndi lookup is not really a global lookup. You can make a lookup without
starting ActiveMQ.
Each VM holds the information by themselfs.
Now I try to read at the beginning this informations and bind them to the
rmiregistry.

So long so good

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 5/10/06, Sven2 <ra...@freudenkinder.de> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I want to use an external JNDI Provider because ActiveMQ isn't able to bind
> new Objects to the JNDI.

If its any help I've just made it easy to derive from
ActiveMQInitialContextFactory and just overload this method to put any
other objects you want into the Map

    protected ReadOnlyContext createContext(Hashtable environment, Map data) {

also the xbean project as a JNDI provider that allows you to create a
JNDI context using Spring.

> I decided to use the rmiregistry. But now, I have to bind the
> ActiveMQ-Objects and I don't know how to do this.
> Has anybody experience with this?

Try some of Sun's providers like the file system provider?

--

James
-------