Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> on 2003/09/08 09:32:32 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/formmodel Repeater.java

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 23:30, sylvain@apache.org wrote:
> sylvain     2003/09/07 14:30:24
>
>   Modified:    src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/formmodel
>                         Repeater.java
>   Log:
>   Keep the current size if the size parameter is not present.
>   This almost avoids the need for <wt:repeater-size> (the only need I see is when rows are added client-side)

Another case where it's needed is when you don't store the form instance
server side, but rebuild it on every request.

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/formmodel Repeater.java

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 23:30, sylvain@apache.org wrote:
>

>>sylvain     2003/09/07 14:30:24
>>
>>  Modified:    src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/formmodel
>>                        Repeater.java
>>  Log:
>>  Keep the current size if the size parameter is not present.
>>  This almost avoids the need for <wt:repeater-size> (the only need I see is when rows are added client-side)
>>

>Another case where it's needed is when you don't store the form instance server side, but rebuild it on every request.

Yep.

But in all flow-driven forms, the form instance persists across requests
and so it's not needed. That's to simplify this frequent (at least for
me) use case that I changed the behaviour. Note that in that case,
having a <wt:repeater-size> causes no harm, since its value equals the
repeater's size.

Sylvain