Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ba...@goodconsultants.com on 2003/12/15 19:02:36 UTC

multiple selection of classpath??

All,

1. How can I select multiple classpath? I would like to be able NOT to define
CATALINA_HOME for tomcat if not compiling things for tomcat, and just use
J2EE...

2. Can I define the followings in properties file?

<path id="compile.classpath">

        <pathelement location="${catalina.home}/common/classes"/>
        <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/common/endorsed">
                <include name="*.jar"/>
        </fileset>
        <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/common/lib">
                <include name="*.jar"/>
        </fileset>

        <pathelement location="${catalina.home}/shared/classes"/>
        <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/shared/lib">
                <include name="*.jar"/>
        </fileset>

        </path>

Thanks

Barry

Can I append classpath variable through multiple targets?

Posted by ba...@goodconsultants.com.
When executing this i have the following output... Is that mean the path has
not bee appended?

classpath-general:
     [echo] classpath-general in here!
Overriding previous definition of reference to compile.classpath

classpath-tomcat:
     [echo] classpath-tomcat: CATALINA_HOME is /home/barry/thirdparty/tomcat

Quoting barry@goodconsultants.com:

> Hi all,
>
> Can I append classpath variable through multiple targets? Please check the
> following codes...
>
> <target name="classpath-general">
>
>         <echo message="classpath-general in here!"/>
>
>         <path id="compile.classpath">
>
>                 <pathelement location="${j2eeBase}/lib/j2ee.jar"/>
>
>         </path>
>
> </target>
>

> <target name="classpath-tomcat" >
>
>         <echo message="classpath-tomcat: CATALINA_HOME is
> ${system.CATALINA_HOME}"/>
>
>         <path id="compile.classpath">
>         <pathelement location="${catalina.home}/common/classes"/>
>         <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/common/endorsed">
>                 <include name="*.jar"/>
>         </fileset>
>
>         <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/common/lib">
>                 <include name="*.jar"/>
>         </fileset>
>
>         <pathelement location="${catalina.home}/shared/classes"/>
>         <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/shared/lib">
>                 <include name="*.jar"/>
>         </fileset>
>
>         </path>
>

> </target>

Can I append classpath variable through multiple targets?

Posted by ba...@goodconsultants.com.
Hi all,

Can I append classpath variable through multiple targets? Please check the
following codes...

<target name="classpath-general">

        <echo message="classpath-general in here!"/>

        <path id="compile.classpath">

                <pathelement location="${j2eeBase}/lib/j2ee.jar"/>

        </path>

</target>

<target name="classpath-tomcat" >

        <echo message="classpath-tomcat: CATALINA_HOME is
${system.CATALINA_HOME}"/>

        <path id="compile.classpath">
        <pathelement location="${catalina.home}/common/classes"/>
        <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/common/endorsed">
                <include name="*.jar"/>
        </fileset>

        <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/common/lib">
                <include name="*.jar"/>
        </fileset>

        <pathelement location="${catalina.home}/shared/classes"/>
        <fileset dir="${catalina.home}/shared/lib">
                <include name="*.jar"/>
        </fileset>

        </path>

</target>

Re: multiple selection of classpath??

Posted by ba...@goodconsultants.com.
Antonine,

What should be the content of the init.tomcat? I think I am trying to do the
same thing like you said but the classpath defined in init.tomcat does not
seem to recongised in other parts of build.xml... Please see the other email
for detail codes.

Thanks

BArry

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.