Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/03 10:12:53 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.5.1

@Stephen What should we do now ?

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 3:14 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi
> Sorry a bit out of time ATM for testing this.
> Well I trust Arnaud testing that especially if this improve the performance
> of this very great/awesome/users oriented plugin :P
>
> On 13 September 2017 at 22:19, Arnaud Héritier <ah...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Damned, can't we be anonymous on Github ?
> > I maintain it is a big word, I'm trying to fix more bugs than I add new
> > ones
> > I added Oleg in the loop as he contributed a lot on it too
> > I did a quick test to build on Jenkins 2.60.3 our maven core with the
> Evil
> > Maven plugin 2.17 on a local SSH agent and it is ok
> > But it is really a quick test ...
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:07 AM, Stephen Connolly <
> > stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> > them

> > could
> > Friday
> > >>

> > > Olivier / Arnaud, have either of you had a chance to test this with the
> > > evil project type[1] as you two seem to be the active maintainers[2]
> > >
> > > [1]: https://javaadventure.blogspot.ie/2013/11/jenkins-
> > > maven-job-type-considered-evil.html
> > > [2]: https://github.com/jenkinsci/maven-plugin/commits/master
> > >

> > --
> >
> > Arnaud
> >

> --
> Olivier Lamy

-----
Arnaud Héritier
http://aheritier.net
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.5.1

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

On 12/10/17 08:21, Stephen Connolly wrote:
> Ok as release manager I am cancelling this vote. I’ll see about spinning
> 3.5.2

could we make such thing a little bit more obvious like prefixing the
subject with "[CANCELED]..." so it becomes more clear that the VOTE has
been canceled...it's better to identify in the thread view....

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Ok as release manager I am cancelling this vote. I’ll see about spinning
3.5.2

On Thu 12 Oct 2017 at 02:51, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> Le mercredi 11 octobre 2017, 23:47:54 CEST Robert Scholte a écrit :
> > I think the conclusion is: 3.5.1 is not correct
> >
> > it should either be:
> > 3.5.2 without the 2 classloader related issues.
> ideally with an option to activate the classloader changes (for people
> knowing
> what they are doing or wanting to test mode more widely)
>
> > or
> > 3.6.0 including the classloader related issues, but probably improved
> with
> > a system property to switch back to the 3.5.0-behavior. We also need to
> > improve ITs and documentation.
> >
> > Since we need to make a new release anyway I would like to suggest to go
> > for the first option, because some claim 3.5.0 is corrupt and the related
> > issue is already fixed for quite some time.
> +1 (sadly)
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> > This should give us more time have a better look at these classloader
> > issues.
> >
> > Robert
> >
> > On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 09:46:25 +0200, Stephen Connolly
> >
> > <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I’d really like if somebody could draft the release notes for the two
> > > different classloader changes. It will make it easier to decide whether
> > > roll with this or bump minor with (if I recall correctly) the
> > > corresponding
> > > drop of Java 7 per our policy on JVMs with minor version bump

> herve.boutemy@free.fr>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Errors+and+Solutions

> bugs

> maven

> <

> Maybe

> ok

> active

> > > Sent from my phone

Sent from my phone

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.5.1

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
I’d really like if somebody could draft the release notes for the two
different classloader changes. It will make it easier to decide whether to

Sent from my phone

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.5.1

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
+1