Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2009/06/24 18:14:03 UTC

Version management in JIRA

Hey guys,

<nag>
I notice that we aren't very good about creating/managing release
versions in JIRA -- we need to make sure we create versions and close
versions are part of the release process. Also, if you create a version
make sure you properly select the preceding version so it appears in
correct sorted order.
</nag>

I think there might be a bug in JIRA where it doesn't correctly save the
preceding version, because I notice lots that are not correct and I just
created a version and it did not save it correctly even though I set it.
I went back and manually edited the version description and it appears
to be correct. So, I guess we need to verify it is correct after
creating a version.

Thanks.

-> richard

Re: Version management in JIRA

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> <nag>
> I notice that we aren't very good about creating/managing release
> versions in JIRA -- we need to make sure we create versions and close
> versions are part of the release process. Also, if you create a version
> make sure you properly select the preceding version so it appears in
> correct sorted order.
> </nag>
>
> I think there might be a bug in JIRA where it doesn't correctly save the
> preceding version, because I notice lots that are not correct and I just
> created a version and it did not save it correctly even though I set it.
> I went back and manually edited the version description and it appears
> to be correct. So, I guess we need to verify it is correct after
> creating a version.
+1

In the past I went over the list and corrected it from time to time, but
doing this with the UI is not really fun :) So it would be great if
everyone could just verify the correct order after adding a new version.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org