Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rob Dennett <ro...@tmit1.org> on 2005/09/17 00:02:50 UTC

Is this a bug?

I have the following component declaration in one of my page specifications

      <component id="backButton" type="ImageSubmit">

            <binding name="image" value="context:backButton" />

            <binding name="disabled">

                  <!-- is user on 1st page? -->

                  safePracticeIndex == 0 && sectionIndex == 0

            </binding>

            <binding name="disabledImage" value="context:backButtonDisabled" />

            <binding name="listener" value="goBack" />

      </component>

I am getting a SAXParseException that says that the entity name must immediately follow the ‘&’ in the entity reference.  When I change ‘&&’ to ‘and’, the error goes away.

Is this a bug I need to report, or did I just use bad syntax?

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Is this a bug?

Posted by Derick Fernando <de...@thelabllc.com>.
Hello,

Since "and" is valid ognl I would just use that. You can escape an XML entity
reference by declaring it as CDATA. This is not a Tapestry issue.

Hope that helps.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:02:50 -0500, Rob Dennett wrote
> I have the following component declaration in one of my page specifications
>
>       <component id="backButton" type="ImageSubmit">
>
>             <binding name="image" value="context:backButton" />
>
>             <binding name="disabled">
>
>                   <!-- is user on 1st page? -->
>
>                   safePracticeIndex == 0 && sectionIndex == 0
>
>             </binding>
>
>             <binding name="disabledImage"
> value="context:backButtonDisabled" />
>
>             <binding name="listener" value="goBack" />
>
>       </component>
>
> I am getting a SAXParseException that says that the entity name must
> immediately follow the ‘&’ in the entity reference.  When I change
> ‘&&’ to ‘and’, the error goes away.
>
> Is this a bug I need to report, or did I just use bad syntax?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

Derick Fernando
Lead Architect
derickf@thelabllc.com
(323) 314-9593
http://www.thelabllc.com

Content is for intended recipient only.
Copyright 2001-2005, The Lab, LLC

Tapestry, Spring and Hibernate

Posted by Derek Brown <ze...@yahoo.com>.
This has been discussed on the list many times but I
have not seen a definite answer, does anyone have a
working solution to enable lazy initialization with
Spring, Hibernate and Tapestry?

Sample code would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks