Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Alexander Batyrshin <0x...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/28 00:00:34 UTC

NameNode recovering

 Hello all,
We have an issue with free disk space that trigger https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-13269 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-13269> (our versions is 3.1.1).
So right now I have Active NameNode in SafeMode that can’t do checkpoint.
Second NameNode after restart is trying to build actual fsimage from jnedits but it will take extremely long time (speed ~ 2M tx / hour and we need to get ~ 173M).

Any ideas how to recover?

Re: NameNode recovering

Posted by HK <he...@gmail.com>.
If it OK to put your active namenode to safe mode, there is a way.

   - Put your active namenode to safe mode
   - Checkpoint the name space
   - Bootstrap Standby namenode, and start.

I think hadoop 3 allows you to use checkpoint node, it will help you to
avoid this kind of issues.