Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2005/06/13 20:47:54 UTC

Myfaces-extensions and JSF RI?

Hey all,
I'm trying to use the myfaces-extensions with JSC, but on deployment I'm
having some problems with the ISBNValidator.  Can myfaces-extensions be
used with the Sun JSF RI implementation?

Thanks,
-D

Re: Myfaces-extensions and JSF RI?

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Darren Hartford wrote:
> Hey all,
> I'm trying to use the myfaces-extensions with JSC, but on deployment I'm
> having some problems with the ISBNValidator.  Can myfaces-extensions be
> used with the Sun JSF RI implementation?
>
> Thanks,
> -D

A quick check on the ISBN Validator class revealed, it has hooks into
org.apache.validator

public ISBNValidator(){
     isbnValidator = new org.apache.commons.validator.ISBNValidator();
}
You might have to add that package to your classpath, or bundle it with you.
And there is a hook via an import into the myfaces messageutils....
but besides that everything hooks properly into the jsf api.

Re: Myfaces-extensions and JSF RI?

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Well, the myfaces-extensions are designed to be independent of JSF
implementation, so it should work with JSF RI. I've taken a glance to
the source of this custom component and I see there is a dependency on
Apache commons validator (commons-validator.jar). Do you have this jar
in the classpath? If yes could you post your stacktrace?

Regards,

Bruno