Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Hakan Koseoglu <ha...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/03 18:00:14 UTC

release date?

Hi all,

Looking at the releases, the latest beta release was quite some time
ago - can any one tell me when you guys planning for the next release
and if there are any specific reasons/issues with the current state of
the code preventing the release? :-)

Cheers,
--
Hakan (m1fcj)

Re: release date?

Posted by Hakan Koseoglu <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

> The first distribution that was prepared ended up being rejected due to
> a mistake in fop.bat. I believe the release has been rescheduled for 9th
> January, but no promises. Don't forget all contributions are volunatary.
Thanks for the info!
We are using an old version and have issues - we'd like to move it on
to the latest version.
I'll check the bugzilla for the existing issues - I'm not a great
programmer myself but if I can fix any, I'll send the patches to the
development list. It's good to know that there's a release coming
soon, it means that there can't be that many issues left. :)

Cheers,
--
Hakan (m1fcj)

Re: release date?

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Hakan Koseoglu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Looking at the releases, the latest beta release was quite some time
> ago - can any one tell me when you guys planning for the next release
> and if there are any specific reasons/issues with the current state of
> the code preventing the release? :-)

The release is in the process of being prepared.

The first distribution that was prepared ended up being rejected due to
a mistake in fop.bat. I believe the release has been rescheduled for 9th
January, but no promises. Don't forget all contributions are volunatary.

Chris