Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sam Cheung <sy...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/10 23:52:18 UTC

How can i send respond incrementally in a Servlet

Thanks. I try setting the buffer to 0, but it still
does not work.

Sam

Posted by Justin Ruthenbeck <ju...@nextengine.com>.
Before you dig into this too much, I'd suggest writing a simple servlet
that returns just simple text (set the content type to "text/plain" and
just output Strings of text).  Set the buffer size to something normal (say
4k).  Try flushing your PrintWriter/OutputStream after each String and see
what happens in the browser.

If this works, then the problem lies in whatever it is you're trying to
serve incrementally.  If not, then there are other (bigger)
problems.  Setting your buffer size really really low is probably not the
best answer.

Just a suggestion...

justin