Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Ruben Quesada Lopez <ru...@apache.org> on 2020/10/03 15:09:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.26.0 (release candidate 0)

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Calcite 1.26.0, release

candidate 0.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.

You can read the release notes here:

https://apache.github.io/calcite-site-preview/docs/history.html

The commit to be voted upon:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=calcite.git;a=commit;h=cfa37c3fd6ae18894035721d9f1eacde40e6b268

Its hash is cfa37c3fd6ae18894035721d9f1eacde40e6b268

Tag:

https://github.com/apache/calcite/tree/calcite-1.26.0-rc0

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/calcite/apache-calcite-1.26.0-rc0

(revision 41687)

RAT report:

https://apache.github.io/calcite-site-preview/rat/rat-report.txt

Site preview is here:

https://apache.github.io/calcite-site-preview/

JavaDoc API preview is here:

https://apache.github.io/calcite-site-preview/api

The hashes of the artifacts are as follows:

a8a0ed70d62bb697c64bb95aea3b9811157c2ef77ff5e937912ec5cf1f2db1b8a69ffb0529f89a32d6f8efe049f39e04669839a59cbf7bac8a8086d7c065742b

*apache-calcite-1.26.0-src.tar.gz

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecalcite-1101/org/apache/calcite/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/rubenql.asc

https://www.apache.org/dist/calcite/KEYS

N.B.

To create the jars and test Apache Calcite: "./gradlew build".

If you do not have a Java environment available, you can run the tests

using docker. To do so, install docker and docker-compose, then run

"docker-compose run test" from the root of the directory.

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Calcite 1.26.0.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at

least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Calcite 1.26.0

[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Re: DISCUSS: release vote text (was [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.26.0)

Posted by John S <ap...@gmail.com>.
I tend to just follow the discussions here, but I was also curious.

I think it works by combining:
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/master/release/build.gradle.kts <https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/master/release/build.gradle.kts>
With
https://github.com/vlsi/vlsi-release-plugins/tree/master/plugins/stage-vote-release-plugin <https://github.com/vlsi/vlsi-release-plugins/tree/master/plugins/stage-vote-release-plugin>

- jfs

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-1.26.0 (release candidate 0)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Thanks for preparing an RC.

Here's a link to the release notes:
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/cfa37c3fd6ae18894035721d9f1eacde40e6b268/site/_docs/history.md

These release vote emails are getting longer and longer. I don't think
that's a good thing, and we should discuss it in another thread. We
definitely don't need the RAT report (reviewers can generate it for
themselves) or much of the other site preview stuff. The release notes
should be at a URL whose contents will not change after the vote (not
in the site preview). We don't need build instructions in the email
(the release should be self-contained and self-explanatory, right?)
Also, please don't double-space the email; if you get extra linefeeds
when you copy-paste, remove them manually.

I'll review and vote later today.

Julian

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)
Run tests (AdoptOpen JDK14)
Verified signature and sha512
Run tests of HerdDB. I noticed the new hard dependency on Geometry (but
there is an hacky workaround), and the new SEARCH operator, that looks
cool, even if it will require a few cycles to adapt code to the new
Operator (RexUtil to the rescue!)

Ruben,
I have found this trick in order to drop Geometry and JSON Path
dependencies.
https://github.com/diennea/herddb/pull/707

Thank for driving the release

Enrico