Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Cao Mạnh Đạt <da...@apache.org> on 2018/05/18 08:24:57 UTC

Lucene/Solr download pages do not pass announce-owner check

Hi all,

Recently while I tried to send Lucene/Solr 7.3.1 release to
announce@apache.org. The email was rejected, here are the response from the
moderation

The announce mail needs to include a link to a page where the reader can
> download the source.

> The download page must include links to the KEYS, sigs and hashes also a
> link to the source using the ASF mirror system.

The page should also provide info on how to verify downloads using the KEYS
> & sigs or hashes.
> The archive.apache.org URLs do not meet the requirements.
> In any case, archive.apache.org should not be used for current releases.
> Have a look at some other announce emails and the download pages they use,
> for example:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/61d3c177e79b796bfd5d850fe6198c
> 10c04592a4778b54c2100264a5@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2dd497510d6d192088fcb9bea3e546
> afc27a1d37b0406a2e35b951b9@%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E

 and

That URL does not include links to the KEYS, sigs or hashes.

Therefore I think we need to update that page to make it pass the check.

Best regards,
Dat