Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Georg Kallidis <gk...@cedis.fu-berlin.de> on 2015/09/02 17:18:33 UTC

Antwort: RFD: Cleanup - how to proceed

Hi Thomas,

in my view PipelineData is more kind of internal data handler i.e. Turbine
framework related stuff, while Rundata is handling with external issues
(servlets, session, parameters, request ..) isn´t it?

It may be considered to move certain methods (screen/layout getter/setter)
to PipelineData, but on the other side they could be useful in action
methods.

Notwithstanding some minor adjustments keeping the current changes may be
sufficient and quite the best we could do at the moment.

Of course I´ll continue trying to spot some missed stuff, though ;-)

Best regards, Georg

Von:    Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>
An:     Turbine Developers List <de...@turbine.apache.org>
Datum:  13.08.2015 16:09
Betreff:        RFD: Cleanup - how to proceed

Hi folks,

I took the liberty to remove all of the RunData-based method that have
been deprecated for a long time. I don't think that this did much harm
because RunData extends PipelineData so that a recompiled legacy code
should work without modifications.

Please review the changes carefully as I may have missed stuff.

Although PipelineData is a generalized data concept, I find using it
directly rather cumbersome. I tried to adjust LoginUser accordingly and
had to copy lots of code that normally is handled by the RunData
convenience methods. I reverted my changes then.

What do you think? What is the best way to combine both, versatility and
convenience? I am open for suggestions.

Bye, Thomas