Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Bill Blough <bi...@apache.org> on 2020/04/20 18:41:37 UTC

External services (Travis, etc.) for Git repos

As I understand it, we'll have to request that external services, such
as Travis, be enabled for the git repos on a per-repo basis.

It looks like the following repos have .travis.yml files:

axis-axis1-java
axis-axis2-java-core
axis-axis2-java-rampart

Is that all I should request Travis be enabled for? Or should I also
include one or more of:

axis-axis1-site-src
axis-axis2-java-kandula
axis-axis2-java-sandesha
axis-axis2-java-savan
axis-axis2-java-transports
axis-site

Are there any other external services I should request be enabled for
any of these repos?   If so, which services and which repos?

For example, on one of the previous messages to the C list, someone mentioned
SonarQube [1] for defect/vulnerability scanning.  Is that something we
want to enable?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/SonarQube+Analysis

Thanks,
Bill

--
GPG: 5CDD 0C9C F446 BC1B 2509  8791 1762 E022 7034 CF84

Re: External services (Travis, etc.) for Git repos

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Travis only publishes to Maven. The binary distribution is not deployed to
Maven, but the WAR is; see
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/axis2/axis2-webapp/
.

Andreas

Posted by "robertlazarski ." <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "robertlazarski ." <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Blough <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Blough <de...@blough.us.INVALID>.
On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 08:16:24PM +0100, Andreas Veithen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 7:41 PM Bill Blough <bi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > As I understand it, we'll have to request that external services, such
> > as Travis, be enabled for the git repos on a per-repo basis.
> >
> > It looks like the following repos have .travis.yml files:
> >
> > axis-axis1-java
> > axis-axis2-java-core
> > axis-axis2-java-rampart
> >
> > Is that all I should request Travis be enabled for? Or should I also
> > include one or more of:
> >
> > axis-axis1-site-src
> > axis-axis2-java-kandula
> > axis-axis2-java-sandesha
> > axis-axis2-java-savan
> > axis-axis2-java-transports
> > axis-site
> >

> I don't think any of the projects in the second group above have working
> builds, so there is no point in enabling Travis.

Good point. I was not aware of that. I'll request it for those 3 then.
If someone decides it's worth the effort to fix the other builds then we
can always add them later.

Thanks.

Bill

Re: External services (Travis, etc.) for Git repos

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.