Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sling <sl...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/22 04:43:50 UTC

a function query of time, frequency and score.

Hi, guys.

I indexed 1000 documents, which have fields like title, ptime and frequency.

The title is a text fild, the ptime is a date field, and the frequency is a
int field.
Frequency field is ups and downs. say sometimes its value is 0, and
sometimes its value is 9999999.

Now, in my app, the query could work with function query well. The function
query is implemented as the score multiplied by an decreased date-weight
array.

However, I have got no idea to add the frequency to this formula...

so could someone give me a clue?

Thanks again!

sling

Re: a function query of time, frequency and score.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You can combine a whole series of mathematical
functions that take into account the values of fields
and use that for scoring. Functions can take other
functions as one of their operands, so you could
make something arbitrarily complex that takes into
account several of your fields.

If this still doesn't apply, please provide some examples
of what your docs look like and what you want to do with
them.

Best,
Erick

Posted by sling <sl...@gmail.com>.