Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by steph cro <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/03 11:04:14 UTC

Question about derby log severity level

Hello,

I used an embedded derby version 10.6.1.0. I have redirected derby log to a
different logging stream with property "derby.stream.error.method". So no
problem it's work fine. My problem is that i can't made a difference
between error or info log. For example when derby started i have the
message
"2013-04-02 14:16:10.459 GMT:  Booting Derby version The Apache Software
Foundation - Apache Derby - 10.6.1.0 - (938214): instance
a816c00e-013d-cb1a-d442-0000009a11b0  on database directory
/xxxx/Database   with class loader sun.misc.Launcher$ExtClassLoader@64601bb1".
It's an info log in the error stream so i raised an alarm.
I can't find a solution in Documentation. If it's not possible to know
which is error and which is info, is it possible to disable info, warning
log etc... but keeping error log ?

Thanks for Help.

Regards,
Stéphane.

Re: Question about derby log severity level

Posted by stephane cro <st...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks for your quick answer. I've already seen the section you
speaking about and with "derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel" Info log
still appear, it only to filter error level (or idon't use this property
correctly). You're right the
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5007 seems to be excatly what i
need... it's a pity for me that no one implements it :-) and unfortunaltely
I haven't the time to do it... Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Stéphane.

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.

is tracked by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5007. I think