Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Michael Douglass <mi...@texas.net> on 1998/01/08 07:28:01 UTC

mod_rewrite not working by specs in docs

The mod_rewrite shipping with apache 1.2.5 does not meet the documented
functionality as documented on the apache web site.  It states that if
I use a RewriteCondition with () groupings, that in the RewriteRule I
can use %1, %2, %3, etc to refer back to those groups.  (a la $1 for
self-referencing).

I know it only works for the _last_ RewriteCond statement and that
you have to group with () the pieces you want.  (I work with Perl alot,
so this is a fairly comfortable concept. :)  Turning on the logging,
I show the %1s and %2s as going through verbatim.

Any assitance?

RewriteCond %{REMOTE_HOST} ^([^.]+)\.vip\.mydomain\.com
RewriteRule ^ /web/rhosts/%1

With these rules, if I come from a host "myself.vip.mydomain.com", then
it should remap me to /web/rhosts/myself; instead it shows the mapping
as going to /web/rhosts/%1.

I can check again, but the documentation on www.apache.org states that
you can use %N to backreference the last RewriteCond command in the
RewriteRule command.

Help?

--
Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

<tnet admin> anyway, I'm off, perl code is making me [a] crosseyed toady

Re: mod_rewrite not working by specs in docs

Posted by Michael Douglass <mi...@texas.net>.
On Thu, Jan 08, 1998 at 12:28:01AM -0600, Michael Douglass said:

Never mind, I see that this is a feature in the new mod_rewrite included
in apache 1.3.  Is the new mod_rewrite compatible with apache 1.2.5; ie.
can I simply download the latest mod_rewrite and compile it into my
apache 1.2.5?