Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2008/10/20 01:37:03 UTC

http to jms bridge using camel

Hi,

I need a http to jms bridge to acess webservices that are offered on jms
with clients that only understand http. I have searched on the web but
there seems to be no open source solution
for this problem. So I thought this could fit nicely in the scope of
camel. Of course I know that I can do a route for a single webservice in
camel but I want to have a transparent solution
that supports all webservices on a jms server with minimum configuration.

What I have in mind is the following:

The bridge listens on a http port. For example: http://localhost:8080/bridge
You can access the bridge with a SOAP client. If you use the url
http://localhost:8080/bridge/myqueue then the bridge should send a jms
message to the queue myqueue. It should listen on a temporary queue for
the reply and send it back using the http connection.

I would like to support security by using basic authentication. The
bridge will require the client to send username and password using
basic auth. Then the bridge will use this information to access the jms
server.

Is this scenario possible with camel? I think especially the security
part could be difficult as the JMS component only supports one
user/password as far as I know.

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
---

Re: http to jms bridge using camel

Posted by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Christian,

Have you had a look to this page of ActiveMq project
(http://activemq.apache.org/ajax.html). The ajax servlet (which is based on
Continuation servlet allows to link asynchronous work with http request) of
activemq help you to get/post message(s) on a JMS queue from a AJAX web
client. The Portfolio example which is now part of ActiveMQ 5.x works very
well and demonstrates what I explain plus the fact that the ajax client
(through polling mechanism) is refreshed with new messages from the bus. I'm
pretty sure that we combine or extend the servlet to work with webservices
and/or camel on JMS bus.

KR,

Charles Moulliard

Christian Schneider wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need a http to jms bridge to acess webservices that are offered on jms
> with clients that only understand http. I have searched on the web but
> there seems to be no open source solution
> for this problem. So I thought this could fit nicely in the scope of
> camel. Of course I know that I can do a route for a single webservice in
> camel but I want to have a transparent solution
> that supports all webservices on a jms server with minimum configuration.
>
> What I have in mind is the following:
>
> The bridge listens on a http port. For example:
> http://localhost:8080/bridge
> You can access the bridge with a SOAP client. If you use the url
> http://localhost:8080/bridge/myqueue then the bridge should send a jms
> message to the queue myqueue. It should listen on a temporary queue for
> the reply and send it back using the http connection.
>
> I would like to support security by using basic authentication. The
> bridge will require the client to send username and password using
> basic auth. Then the bridge will use this information to access the jms
> server.
>
> Is this scenario possible with camel? I think especially the security
> part could be difficult as the JMS component only supports one
> user/password as far as I know.
>
> Greetings
>
> Christian
>
> --