Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Grégory Joseph <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/02 14:47:48 UTC

Re: Upgrading maven-checkstyle-plugin checkstyle version support

Stephen,

That won't work, because checkstyle changed its groupId from
"checkstyle" to "com.puppycrawl.tools" since 5.2, so afaik we're stuck
until m-checkstyle-p 2.7 is released (unless you can exclude "top
level" dependencies from a plugin, but I wouldn't know how).

Olivier Lamy mentioned in another thread on the user list that he
might start working on this beginning of this month, so... fingers
crossed !

Cheers,

-g

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,

FYI the trunk has been upgraded to use checkstyle 5.4 .
I have just applied the patch for
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHECKSTYLE-163 and deployed a
snapshot.

If nobody complains I will start release process early next week.

Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com