Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Filipe Cidraes <fc...@fccs-mm.com> on 2003/12/27 23:45:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Redhat 9, Apache 2.0.40 and virtual hosting..

Hi all..

I am sure this is a well documented problem but unfortunately those
documents have been well hidden and I can't seem to find the answer..

Becasue the apache version has changed from 1.3 to 2.0 it required me to
update the .conf files.. after this was all done none of my virtual servers
worked..

I copied back the original .conf files that ship with RH9 and started from
scratch..

With the original .conf files I can access apache via http and https.. as
soon as I uncomment "NameVirtualHost *" the https server still works but the
http server is broken and I get the following error..

Bad request!
  Your browser (or proxy) sent a request that this server could not
understand.
  If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 400

Like I said I have searched high and low and can't seem to find an answer to
this one.. It seems the host headers are not being interpreted or somthing..

BTW.. Yes the "listen" directives are there and no there is no usefull info
in the error log..

Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it??

Thanks in advance..