Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2000/05/06 14:12:24 UTC

Re: Two classes missing from 1.7.3 jar file

Greg Ludington wrote:

> > I'm very happy to announce the availability of the 1.7.3 release of the
> > Cocoon XML Publishing Framework that you can download from
>
> Thank you for the new release.  However, I have to point out that, in the
> 1.7.3 zip archive, the WMLFormatter and VRMLFormatter classes (and java
> sources) are missing. In my case at least, this led to the Publishing Engine
> not being initialized.  I added those two classes from 1.7.2 to the 1.7.3
> cocoon.jar file, and all seems to be working normally.

If you upgraded your cocoon.properties files are recommended, you
wouldn't have had this problem.

People,

before submit bug reports, make sure you removed all the old stuff from
the installation. Installing over _DOES_NOT_WORK_!!!!!

Those classes are not present because they were removed since their
functionality was redundant.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Two classes missing from 1.7.3 jar file

Posted by Roger Vaughn <rv...@seaconinc.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Greg Ludington wrote:
> >
> > > I'm very happy to announce the availability of the 1.7.3 release of the
> > > Cocoon XML Publishing Framework that you can download from
> >
> > Thank you for the new release.  However, I have to point out that, in the
> > 1.7.3 zip archive, the WMLFormatter and VRMLFormatter classes (and java
> > sources) are missing. In my case at least, this led to the Publishing Engine
> > not being initialized.  I added those two classes from 1.7.2 to the 1.7.3
> > cocoon.jar file, and all seems to be working normally.
>
> If you upgraded your cocoon.properties files are recommended, you
> wouldn't have had this problem.
>
> People,
>
> before submit bug reports, make sure you removed all the old stuff from
> the installation. Installing over _DOES_NOT_WORK_!!!!!
>
> Those classes are not present because they were removed since their
> functionality was redundant.

I tried to do the right thing and still found this out by accident.  I
changed
my classpath, but neglected to change my initargs to point to the new
config file.
Make sure you check your entire setup!  As Stefano said, deleting the
old version
completely is a great way to find what you missed...