Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by IvanLatysh <Iv...@yahoo.ca> on 2003/07/23 22:58:01 UTC

Space cause words to overlap.

Hello, J.Pietschmann!
You wrote to <fo...@xml.apache.org> on Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:15:41 +0200:

I just got the problem, when the space causing words to overlap with each other.
<fo:block-container left="0mm" top="65mm" width="140mm" height="30mm" position="absolute">
<fo:block font-size="10pt" font-family="Arial" white-space-collapse="false" white-space-treatment="preserve">
<fo:block white-space-treatment="preserve"><xsl:value-of select="$dispatch/return_address/ADDRESS/FIRST_NAME"/><xsl:value-of select="$dispatch/return_address/ADDRESS/LAST_NAME"/></fo:block>

When I am adding the space between first name and the last name the last name overlap the first name ~3-5 mm.
If I remove the space all is going right. And one more, if last name has a space inside (Du Marrier) thouse space does cause this kind of behaviour, the space inside the string is displaying properly.
I tried to do so: concat($recipient/FIRST_NAME, ' ', $recipient/LAST_NAME ).
It does the same, but again the space insize the name displays properly.

Is there are any solution to make it working.

I am using PSRenderer.

---
Yours sincerely, Ivan Latysh.
Ivan[a]yourmail.com

Re: Space cause words to overlap.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
IvanLatysh wrote:
> I just got the problem, when the space causing words to overlap with each
> other. <fo:block-container left="0mm" top="65mm" width="140mm" height="30mm"
> position="absolute"> <fo:block font-size="10pt" font-family="Arial"
> white-space-collapse="false" white-space-treatment="preserve"> .... <fo:block
> white-space-treatment="preserve"><xsl:value-of
> select="$dispatch/return_address/ADDRESS/FIRST_NAME"/><xsl:value-of
> select="$dispatch/return_address/ADDRESS/LAST_NAME"/></fo:block>
>
> When I am adding the space between first name and the last name the last name
> overlap the first name ~3-5 mm.

It might have something to do with justification. Check whether the problem
goes away if you increase the width of the container. Posting a full self
contained example demonstrating the problem might help.

> I am using PSRenderer.

Check whether the PDF renderer shows the same behaviour, it might be a bug
in the PS renderer.

J.Pietschmann