Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hugo Burm <hu...@xs4all.nl> on 2003/05/19 19:32:10 UTC

Problem with flowscript in M2

Problem with flowscript in M2.

(For the record: I am using Tomcat 4.1.24 with Jsdk 1.4.1_02 on W2000 SP2.
The M2 vesion is the one build from CVS on the eve before release: May 19)

Can someone try to reproduce this:
- Go to flowscript examples and select the "User preferences" example
(http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/flow/prefs/)
- Try some random username and password and press login: There is an error
message "No such user or bad password". This is correct.
- Try  a second time with a new random username and password and press
login: There is an error message "No pipeline matched request:
samples/flow/prefs/kont/kont/6a28624c6008112509311d4b5648134b2a597823"

>From this point on, the app is completely confused. Whatever I try (e.g.
"Register Now"), it will respond with "resource not found" or "No pipeline
matched request".

I looked into the demo code. No obvious error I could spot.

I am asking this because my own flowscript application sometimes (I have to
admit: on a regular base) shows the same behaviour. It resets the context to
the Cocoon base and gives me errors like the ones above.

So it looks like this is not a problem in the examples but in the flowscript
implementation.

Hugo Burm

Re: Problem with flowscript in M2

Posted by Tony Collen <tc...@neuagency.com>.
On Mon, 19 May 2003, Tony Collen wrote:

> On Mon, 19 May 2003, Hugo Burm wrote:
>
> > Can someone try to reproduce this:
> > Problem with flowscript in M2.
>

> &snip;
>
> Hugo,
>

> There was a change in how invalid continuations were handled, and I
> suspect that might be what's going on here.  Or maybe not. I'm updating my
> CVS and doing a build to see if I can duplicate what's going on, and I'll
> report anything I find.

Ok, scratch that, it's not the problem I thought it would be.  It looks
like the URL is getting a second "/kont/" inserted into it:

First request:
http://localhost:8888/samples/flow/prefs/kont/663a5668354d82754a127d4414853c762a613452?login=&password=&submit=Login

Second request:
http://localhost:8888/samples/flow/prefs/kont/kont/614e217a895a545925655d4e14775856612a446d?login=&password=&submit=Login

This isn't really a "problem" -- the Flow isn't really broken.  Just the
HTML form that submits to the /kont/ URI is broken, and submits to a
relative instead of abolute URL:

<form action="kont/614e217a895a545925655d4e14775856612a446d">

A fix for this would be to change the sitemap to look for *.kont, or to an
absolute path.  See [1] below for a discussion.

The problem I originalyl thought it was, was an
InvalidContinuationException,  which I think the Flow samples are now a
little bit broken when it comes to invalid continuations being called.
The URI "invalidContinuation" is no longer called, and an
InvalidContinuationException is thrown instead, which can be taken care of
in <map:handle-errors/> and the ExceptionSelector.

I'll submit a patch for the prefs sample, and some patches for the other
Flow samples to provide handling invalidContinuationException.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105327556816033&w=2

Tony

--
Tony Collen