Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/12 13:14:27 UTC

CCC EU

Hi folks,

CCC Dublin 2015 is over and we had a blast.

Thanks to our sponsors who helped make this happen:
Citrix, Cloud Foundry foundation, Nuage Networks, Shapeblue, Cloudian, Solidfire, ikoula, LPI-Japan, PC Extreme and Cloud Ops.

A few take aways:

1-We had 150 people at the event, which is clearly lower than previous events. Mesos Conference EU which was just upstairs from us also brought in 150 people, and the entire Linuxcon 1500. Getting 10% of the whole of Linuxcon is quite good when you think of the breadth of that community.

2-For 2016, we announced CCC Latin America in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The community is booming over there and we are all excited to plan that event. Assuming we all find the budget, we should all meet up there.

3-LPI-Japan announced a CloudStack certification exam in english. We will distribute a code on the mailing lists. With the code if you take the exam, our project will get 33% of the proceeds. LPI-Japan and Shapeblue teamed up to make this happen.

4-Pierre-Luc Dion and Erik Weber won the Docker challenge. PL gave a presentation about his solution and Erik put it on github https://github.com/terbolous/cloudstack-docker-compose. Packaging CloudStack as containers is an interesting idea going forward.

5-We had several discussions around our new release process, testing and PR reviews. Expect a separate email summarizing these discussions and a proposal to move forward soon.

I expect all videos to be online in the coming weeks. If you gave a talk you can upload your slides through the linuxcon portal or put them on slideshare and tweet about it.

Congratulations to all, let’s keep on making CloudStack better,

Cheers,

-Sebastien

Re: CCC EU

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
Sebastian

Thanks for the update, too bad we could not make it.

We will plan better next time..

Regards
ilya