Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Siegmann Daniel, NY" <Da...@fja-us.com> on 2007/02/07 23:09:43 UTC

[M2] Finding the Maven exec plugin

I am trying to use the exec-maven-plugin, but when I run "exec:exec" I get
the following:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'exec'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-exec-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

There is no plugin there, but there is a plugin
org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin.

Connections to the Internet must be made through our company's web proxy,
but we have an internal Maven proxy to which our project is pointed. It
already has the exec-maven-plugin (version 1.0.2), so I'm not sure why
that's not being found.

Any ideas as to what I may have misconfigured?

--
Daniel Siegmann
FJA-US, Inc.

Re: [M2] Finding the Maven exec plugin

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On 2/7/07, Siegmann Daniel, NY <Da...@fja-us.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use the exec-maven-plugin, but when I run "exec:exec" I get
> the following:
>
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'exec'.
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-exec-plugin' does not
> exist or no valid version could be found
>
> There is no plugin there, but there is a plugin
> org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin.

try to fully specify the plugin on the command line. That should make sure
that maven downloads the right plugin:

mvn org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:exec

while you're at it, feel free to test the 1.1-SNAPSHOT release of the
plugin. Report any problem to the mojo user list / Jira.

Thanks

Jerome