Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> on 2016/08/02 15:01:05 UTC

[VOTE] 0.10.0.1 RC1

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the second candidate for the release of Apache Kafka 0.10.0.1. This
is a bug fix release and it includes fixes and improvements from 52 JIRAs
(including a few critical bugs). See the release notes for more details:

http://home.apache.org/~ijuma/kafka-0.10.0.1-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

When compared to RC0, RC1 contains fixes for two bugs (KAFKA-4008
and KAFKA-3950) and a couple of test stabilisation fixes.

*** Please download, test and vote by Friday, 5 August, 8am PT ***

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~ijuma/kafka-0.10.0.1-rc1/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging

* Javadoc:
http://home.apache.org/~ijuma/kafka-0.10.0.1-rc1/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.0 branch) is the 0.10.0.1-rc1 tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=108580e4594d694827c9bbbb53264969fe1ce2a7

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/0100/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/0100/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 0.10.0 branch:
Unit/integration tests: *https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-0.10.0-jdk7/179/
<https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-0.10.0-jdk7/179/>*
System tests: *https://jenkins.confluent.io/job/system-test-kafka-0.10.0/136/
<https://jenkins.confluent.io/job/system-test-kafka-0.10.0/136/>*

Thanks,
Ismael

Re: [kafka-clients] [VOTE] 0.10.0.1 RC1

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Thanks Manikumar. I filed KAFKA-4018 with the details of when we regressed
as well as a fix.

Ismael

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Manikumar Reddy <ma...@gmail.com>.