Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> on 2008/07/04 01:18:29 UTC

Re: svn commit: r31993 - in trunk/subversion/bindings/javahl: src/org/tigris/subversion/javahl tests/org/tigris/subversion/javahl

dlr@tigris.org wrote:
> Author: dlr
> Date: Thu Jul  3 16:32:10 2008
> New Revision: 31993
>
> Log:
> JavaHL: Add a new API which uses java.net.URL to determine whether the
> specified Subversion path is considered to be a URL. This may be
> slightly different than what svn_path_is_url() considers to be a URL,
> as the latter employs a simplistic implementation.
>

> +
> +    /**
> +     * Whether a URL is valid, according to
> +     * <code>java.net.URL</code>. This may be a slightly different
> +     * idea than according to <code>svn_path_is_url()</code>.
> +     *
> +     * @param path The Subversion "path" to inspect.
> +     * @return Whether <code>path</code> is a URL.

How about returning an IllegalArgumentException instead for a null value?

Regards,
Blair

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
On Thu, 03 Jul 2008, Blair Zajac wrote:

> dlr@tigris.org wrote:
> >Author: dlr
> >Date: Thu Jul  3 16:32:10 2008
> >New Revision: 31993
> >
> >Log:
> >JavaHL: Add a new API which uses java.net.URL to determine whether the
> >specified Subversion path is considered to be a URL. This may be
> >slightly different than what svn_path_is_url() considers to be a URL,
> >as the latter employs a simplistic implementation.
> >

> >+
> >+    /**
> >+     * Whether a URL is valid, according to
> >+     * <code>java.net.URL</code>. This may be a slightly different
> >+     * idea than according to <code>svn_path_is_url()</code>.
> >+     *
> >+     * @param path The Subversion "path" to inspect.
> >+     * @return Whether <code>path</code> is a URL.
> >+     * @throws NullPointerException If <code>path</code> is
> ><code>null</code>.
>
> How about returning an IllegalArgumentException instead for a null value?

Gaaaah, it's a bikeshed, and it's not even weekend yet!!! Close enough on an
evening-before-holiday weekend, I guess.  ;-)

(Good suggestion, r31997.)

Thanks, Dan